Number of islands / anchorages
- 10 islands (8 described here)
- 33 marinas and anchorages
- 132 nautical miles from the north of Guadeloupe to the south of Martinique
- 18 miles from Martinique to St. Lucia
- 40 miles from Guadeloupe to Anguilla
- 200 miles from Guadeloupe to Virgin Gorda
- Guadeloupe 1
- Martinique 2
- This area covers a few long distances. The swell from NNE is mainly present in winter. Current from the east can reach 2 to 2.5 knots in the channels between islands.
- Most of the coasts are clear of dangers. Beware of the eastern coast of Martinique.
From Martinique to St. Lucia
18 miles' passage. From Martinique, make sure you leave from the east (Le Marin for exemple) in order to sail on a beam reach. Night arrival both in Martinique (at Fort-de-France) and St. Lucia (at Rodney Bay) is possible.
From Guadeloupe to Antigua
About 40 miles' passage. The crossing is mostly on a beam reach or close hauled. Night arrival is possible both in Guadeloupe and in Antigua.